AWS Devops Engineer
An AWS DevOps Engineer is now sought by an expanding specialist technology company in Cheltenham. You will be joining a talented development team and would suit and experienced and knowledgeable AWS devops engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career.
AWS DevOps Engineer who thrives on responsibility and opportunity to shape an Organisation’s DevOps environment. On joining, you will inherit two distinctly different AWS environments. An older manually built/managed environment, together with a more recent environment, built from the ground up with automation (Terraform). Both require ongoing management and development, ultimately resulting in the products contained in the older environment being migrated into the new, meeting the current and future needs of the Business.
Essential knowledge and experience
- Strong AWS, particularly: IAM, ECS, RDS, EC2, AWS Organisations
- Strong Terraform – specifically managing AWS resources
- Strong Docker – ideally in the context of AWS ECS
- Proven track record in designing and developing Agile deployment strategies and pipelines e.g. Jenkins or similar Ideally you are working towards an AWS certification e.g. Certified Solutions Architect. Without question you are a proven self-starter with good problem solving skills. As the AWS subject matter expert, you will need to be entirely self-sufficient!
Additional skills and experience
- Scripting – Shell, Python, PHP • Git Tools – e.g. BitBucket, GitHub, Gitlab
- Linux administration / deployment experience
- Solid networking knowledge – including VPN (OpenVPN, AWS Client VPN)
- Experience of design / deployment of monitoring systems (E.g. OpsGenie, CloudWatch)
- Experience implementing and managing centralised logging/metric systems (E.g. Logstash, Graylog, Cloudwatch Logs, Prometheus)
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer who wants to work for a dynamic Company in a role where they can really take the lead in creating a best of breed AWS solution on which the Company can grow